Thursday, July 21, 2011

An unveiling and the color yellow



Yesterday and yesterday's yesterday.

I am at a loss for words but that's not unusual for me. I've had my focus on reprinting my Force of Nature images which I neglected to pack up for the trip to Boston. I managed to get twelve prints together which aren't entirely a motley crew. I met with Glenn Ruga, the director of PRC, and showed him the twelve prints as well as "Don't Take This Personally". Surface and texture came up. He found "Apple" initially perplexing and had some insight on installation of the assembled pieces that are part of "from Walking".

The next step is following up with our meeting. I don't think I can make it to the PRC's sixteenth juried exhibition "Exposure" since it overlaps my participation with the class at Emmanuel. The students are visiting the studios and its my first time with a class in the studio due to my presentation last week.

The day before yesterday I took a break from the tedious chore of printing Vandyke Browns to begin making yellow pigment from Black Eyed Susans, Rudbeckia hirta, located around the Administration Building here at Emmanuel. The picture above shows one piece of watercolor paper (cold press, unknown maker bought at Marco's Paper's dollar annex) with one coat and a second with two coats. I will and finish this before class tomorrow so that I can install it as the fourth anthotype photogram following the take down of the older pieces in front of the class. Sort of an unveiling. I am not entirely optimistic for these two older pieces due to the paper I used. It's good to use a paper with both internal and external sizing. The paper used for these two pieces seemed to absorb the emulsion to quickly indicating lack of external size.

Expect low contrast, low "wow" images to be revealed.

No comments: