Friday, July 29, 2011

always greener on the other side

You may be familiar with the expression "The Grass is Always Greener On the Other Side". Imagine a 40" x 36"  sheet of paper in which the green of the grass stain is greener on one side. Imagine me in my studio wrestling with said paper. I've unintentionally created, at least as of this afternoon, an homage to Mark Rothko. Below is an image from last night.


As of a few minutes ago I think I corrected the issue. Now I just need to remove the larger chunks of grass that I don’t want in the final photogram. The rose petal anthotype came down last night. I haven’t had time to document it but take my word, after an 18 day exposure it looks fantabulous. During the class visit to my studio, Cynthia Fowler noted appearance of a family of anthotypes in the making.

Now for a little shameless self-promotion. The Ohio State Fair Fine Arts Exhibition is now open and will run until August 7th, 2011. Juror Eric Weeks has selected “Apple” for one of the three Juror’s Choice Awards in the professional division. For the complete list of award winners in both the professional and amateur divisions, please visit http://theohiostatefairfineartsexhibition.blogspot.com/2011/07/2011-award-listing.html.

No comments: