Wednesday, June 22, 2011

a studio in Boston a.k.a. stairway to heaven(ly studio)



A studio in Boston may not seem like a big deal to some but to an / photographer who has struggled with humidity in a basement work area…I’ve died and gone to heaven. Heaven if paradise was a studio with two 40″ x 40″ windows with about nine hours of sunlight a day and was perched 5 stories up. I’m taking the stairs which can be tough at times depending upon what I am carrying.
Which brings me to the building. It has a church in the middle as well as a five-story science center joined at one side. More on that in pictures at a later time.
The downside:
1. the sink in the studio is a bit small for doing processing, at least for anything bigger than 8×10.
2. the sink in the darkroom is much more accommodating but getting the rotating door unlocked is another hoop for me to jump through.
3. the vacuum blanket on top of the UV exposure is not sucking which is not a good thing.
And trays, I need flat bottom trays which I forgot to pack.
Those are the few shortcomings. I pride myself on being a problem solver. Deep down I know that I am going to get this heavenly studio to work out just fine.

No comments: