Wednesday, June 29, 2011

paper cuts and map tacks



Works in progress. Actually pictures of works in progress. The 24 piece image "Don't Take This Personally" is getting closer to completion. Some of the pieces need to be reprinted due to overcoating of emulsion which creates different degrees of silvering. Each section will be cut on two sides and overlap its neighbor. I haven't decided left or right but top pieces will hang over the bottom ones. Last night I cut the bottom edges on the lower two rows. More cutting today.

Applying a brief lesson in painting from Bridgette (www.bridgettebogle.com), I hand painted 100 map tacks. Nine of which I created an off white paint form Titanium White and Light Burnt Umber acrylic to match the high key areas fo the final assembled image. Thanks for being my painting instructor last fall BBo!




No comments: