Monday, January 24, 2011

before the Fisher Price Work...

I just may make Mondays my archive day. A little before I found out about the Fisher Price Creative Effects camera from Dan Burkholder -from a lecture at the Museum of Photographic Art in San Diego, Dan doesn't know me- I had a slightly complicated path towards making images. During a restless night of parrot sitting (and desperately wanting to photograph) in 1998, I pointed a 4x5 camera loaded with Polaroid Type 55 at the TV and photographed movies off of AMC (no VCR on pause). I was taking a Cibachrome printing class which meant that the negatives the film produced needed to be converted to a positive and color added. My solution...Lith film, dilute dektol and colored cellophane over the dried positive.

Here is a scan of the interpositive. I think I even tried to tone the image on the left to get color.


BTW, if your curious, it is Richard Widmark but I can't remember the western. One of these days I will photograph the final image which hangs in the bedroom, a present I gave to Bridgette one Christmas a few years back.

No comments: