Wednesday, March 26, 2014

respond in kind

I had an interesting twenty minute session with Mary Virginia Swanson during session two of Fotofest's 2014 Meeting Place. MVS is one of the most down to earth and knowledgeable consultants regarding the business of marketing photography. She didn't have the opportunity to go over my website but did discuss photo books as a better "leave behind". One thing stuck in mind from the session. The concept of linking back. This can be considered a twenty-first  century version of "respond in kind".

In February I had the good fortune to discuss my photographic projects with Lauren Pearlman Sugita aka Paperwoman who is the heart of Paper Connection International. This is where I purchase the Kozo Unryu for the Vandyke brown prints. She ended up selecting me to be her artist of the month which resulted with an entry for my photography on her blog.

It is now March and Lauren is featuring Joan Son as her March artist. After meeting with Mary Virginia Swanson I felt compelled to do a belated link back.

February Artist of the Month

and the blog front page can be reached here.

No comments: