Thursday, July 25, 2013

summer ball rolling

The last few weeks have been busy. Printing work for a show in Japan. Discovering that I was going to a residency in Vermont...last minute...due to my teaching schedule and the other Ohio artist being unavailable to take advantage of an Ohio Arts Council funded residency at Vermont Studio Center. Packing the car for less than a month of residency here in northern Vermont.

It was a two day drive and now it's two days into the residency. I did dive into work once I got here. Anthotype work. Now two are outside and a third will join them tomorrow morning.

In a previous life I was a monk sequestered in a solitary cell. Maybe I was a lonely groundhog. That's my studio practice. Twelve hour days with breaks for meals and artist talks in between. A walk here. A talk there. Tonight's lecture was by environmental artist Jackie Brookner who's work is concerned with the misperception of water as an unlimited resource.

To get the mid-summer ball rolling, here's a pic from tonight's walk near Johnson Community College.



No comments: