Thursday, July 19, 2012

the usual suspects and their comfort zones



I do have an image of the newest piece for in vivo. I'll post it tomorrow. Or just visit my website, www. frangst.com.

In the meantime, just a heads up regarding the usual suspects, summer juried shows.

Three pieces, Pluot, Japanese Pear and Honey Crisp, are part of the annual Fine Arts Exhibition at the Ohio State Fair. This is a great exhibition that runs concurrent with the state fair, from July 25th through August 4th, bringing in a diverse group of visitors (fair go-ers) to see work made by professional and amateur Ohio artists. An opening reception is planned for Tuesday, July 24th from 6-8 pm.

Earlier this summer, I broke out of my comfort zone to work with an iPhone photograph which I printed for the 21st annual members juried show at Dayton Visual Arts Center. The exhibition is titled and themed "No Borders". Look for my print just below a photograph by Janelle Young. This exhibition runs from July 13th through August 18th. DVAC has gallery hours of 11 am through 6pm Tuesday through Saturday.


No comments: