Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September Song

Suzanne Silver's Soap House


Two days left of this month and, because it is my little obsession, hours to vote in the first round of ArtPrize. It's been a busy week which is my way of saying that I'm at a loss for time in the studio. Bridgette and I went to the Wexner Center for the Arts last Friday to see Guy Maddin's new movie Keyhole and the next day I had to photograph installation work by Suzanne Silver. Now the funny thing is that usually there aren't any happy coincidences but the Guy Maddin movie turned out to be the autobiography of a house and an installation Suzanne was working on in the Franklinton neighborhood near Columbus was in an old bare bones, abandoned house.

Things I'm am working on that need to get to the printed image stage ...the pinhole images of tree trunks to go along with the vandyke brown prints which make up the Forces of Nature and from walking projects. Additionally I  have been picking pokeberries and getting some of them into emulsion form. More on that this weekend but let me say that Everclear is making a welcome appearance in the emulsion recipe. Thank you Nate Smyth for the grocery bag full of berries from your dad's backyard. It must be the mother lode of pokeweed.


No comments: