Wednesday, April 27, 2011

registering an image

We had a brief lull in the rain here in southwest Ohio and I put the pokeberry print (Clem Wolfham) out for a little more exposure.

But wait, there's more.

I also put out one of the purple petal Anthotypes, actually looking like cornflower blue, using a positive transparency which is detail of a bathrobe with the name Mel Miller. I had it out in mixed lighting conditions, mostly cloudy, for about 3 hours.

I brought them back in after about 2 1/2 hours (I had to teach and early evening class) opened the split back printing frame and saw that it already had registered an image.

IT'S WORKING!


I'll post a couple of images later tonight.

And yes, I spent about an hour picking more purple flowers out of fear they won't be around much longer.

Tomorrow I am installing the Flowers from a Cigar Tree print in Columbus which is part of the Ohio Art League's 100th anniversary Spring Juried Exhibition. The work to be shown in the Carnegie Gallery of the Columbus Metropolitan Library (main branch) was selected by OSU Sculpture professor Todd Slaughter.

I do think tomorrow will be a Dirty Franks kind of day. Anyone want to meet up for a hotdog?

No comments: