Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I can't stand the rain!


The title of today's blog is from a song lyric stuck in my head. Was it Ann Peebles that sang the most famous version of this song? Sure it dates me but it does speak volumes regarding the fugitive nature of this technique namely don't let the anthotype get wet.

Next Fall I hopefully will have an ample supply of pokeberry juice. At the moment I have two letter sized sheets coated as well as a larger piece in which is covered in diluted pokeberry juice. It is a light pink will probably create a low contrast, barely visible image unless I hit it with beet juice (somewhere in there is a double entendre). My hope is to give this some additional exposure, live with the drips and missing pokeberrry pigment (it will be visible, when done, below the collar).  There will be some noticeable mis-registration which will add to the ghosting effect.

No comments: