Wednesday, September 15, 2010

the proverbial drawing board is an open field


noteworthy: Make your way to building 13 to see...

Bridgette Bogle has created a drawing installation as part of the 2010 Faculty show at Sinclair College's Triangle Gallery. Next month I will be across the way in the Works on Paper gallery concurrent with Glen Cebalash in the Triangle Gallery.

Back to the drawing board for a couple of projects. My first attempt at an Anthrotype got rained on and the very water soluble vegetable matter of the pokeberry juice washed away. The transparency didn't fair to well either. As of yesterday, I have begun attempt number two. It is in an open field in the South Park neighborhood. I plan to move the printing frame around, perhaps taking it to school to leave it in the practice field while the marching band does their drills. All in an attempt to get some sunlight to fall on the Anthrotype for long periods of time.

Over the last 9 months, perhaps longer, there has been a slight shift in the color of the Vandykes that I have been producing. The really rich dark brown that caught Chris Anderson's eye two years ago is gone. It's time to do some testing including re-visiting my old processing regime. Tonight I processed a print and went without using any citric acid in the processing. It seems to have made a difference. Only with a dry down and the morning light will I be able to tell.

No comments: