Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Absurdly Behind the Times, Alejandro

I promised myself that the blog would be a way to keep track of work going out into the world even if it is not that far away.

In May, "One Night Absurd" happened and I delivered to pieces for the two nights of the event. See, only one night was absurd. The preview party the night before with the $100 ticket price was not absurd. The lighting was absurd but who am I to complain since I didn't help install.

Amanda Tirey Graham did much of the work and I never properly thanked her for buying some work a couple of years ago.

For the record of what I can never submit to an OAL juried show ever again...

"Split Pod (Like Chaps)" and "Hairy Cemetery Nut" were both in the ONA.

Recently,Bridgette and I both found out that we got work into the Ohio State Fair Fine Arts exhibition. This led to a really wonderful prestigious opportunity which I might elaborate on soon once it becomes official so never, ever look at state fair art exhibit with a disdainful eye.

No comments: